- This event has passed.
Black Women Lead Equity Forum
April 8 @ 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Join us to explore and celebrate the unique contributions of black women in America today.
About this Event
Hosted by American Political Strategist Donna Brazile, this program will celebrate black women’s leadership across politics, entertainment, and media.
If you are able, please consider making a donation to support All In Together’s Community Leadership Program and other initiatives.
Agenda and Featured Speakers
Why We’re All In: Racial and Gender Equity for a New Era
Black Women Journalists Lead
- Jemele Hill, Contributing Writer, The Atlantic and co-host, Cari & Jemele (Won’t) Stick to Sports
- God-is Rivera, Global Director, Culture & Community at Twitter
Action, Motivation, and Power: Black Women in the Highest Political Offices
- Representative Karen Bass, D-CA
- Glynda Carr, President & CEO, Higher Heights for America
- Representative Barbara Lee, D-CA
- Senator Andrea Stewart-Cousins, President Pro Tempore and Majority Leader, New York State Senate
- Tonya Veasey, President and CEO, Congressional Black Caucus Foundation
Artists as Activists
- Harriette Cole, Author/Storytelling Coach
- Misty Copeland, Principal Dancer, American Ballet Theater
- Dawn-Lyen Gardner, Actress, Queen Sugar
- Tina Lifford, Actress, Queen Sugar
- Tina Perry, President, OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network
Black Women Leading Criminal Justice Reform
- Deborah Archer, President, American Civil Liberties Union and Professor of Law, NYU School of Law
- Alicia Garza, Principal, Black Futures Lab
- The Honorable Letitia James, New York State Attorney General
Additional Speakers to be Announced