- This event has passed.
How to Select, Finance and Operate Successfully
May 20 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
About this Event
With so many different franchise options, figuring out which franchise opportunity is the right business opportunity can be daunting and difficult to say the least. We will cover:
- What is franchising?
- Is franchising right for you?
- Factors to consider when selecting a franchise.
- “Hot” trends for today’s expanding economy.
- Franchise myths and misconceptions.
- “Where’s the money?” Financing your new business.
- Average investment for franchises in the region.
- Strategies for finding the best business system for you and your family.
- How to perform the proper due diligence.
- Building a tangible asset with a franchise.
In this workshop, franchising expert, Ted Fireman, of FranNet of Central Ohio, will de-mystify the franchise buying process and walk you through how to successfully get into business for yourself. The Ohio SBDC works closely with FranNet to assist clients with franchising options. Kevin Hammond of the Ohio SBDC at Columbus State Community College was certified in the national FranFit program in 2017.
This free, must-attend event is for anyone who wants to:
- Be your own boss through exploring franchise ownership
- Hear about franchise financing options
- Build long-term equity with franchising
- Evaluate your potential to become a franchise
Join Ted and Kevin for this fun and educational workshop.
Ted Fireman, Franchise Consultant / Market President, FranNet
After a long career in the corporate world and as the owner of three franchises, Ted Fireman now brings his experience to franchise consulting. For the past 9 years Ted has guided hundreds of clients through an efficient and comprehensive research process to enable them to make knowledge-based decisions that match their goals and budget.
Today Ted focuses on franchises that change lives. He provides no cost guidance to mitigate risk and help clients achieve their goals.
Kevin Hammond, Ohio SBDC Certified Business Advisor
Kevin Hammond has been a business management consultant for 13 years, mostly focused on small businesses and start-ups. Kevin has been on the SBDC team for almost ten years as a consultant. Prior to consulting Kevin was in financial services at Chase Manhattan. Kevin has an undergraduate degree in Business Administration from Ohio Dominican University and an MBA from Capital University.