- This event has passed.
The Ins and Outs of Small Business Insurance
August 17 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
Learn the types of insurance your small business needs and why they’re important.
About this event
It might be tempting to forgo certain types of insurance that aren’t required by law, but small business insurance can protect your company from ruin. Without insurance, business owners may have to pay out-of-pocket for costly damages and legal claims against their company. Depending on the incident, it could be financially devastating for the business.
Omar Cedeno, Business Center Manager at PNC Bank, will identify the types of insurance required by a small business, other types of insurance to consider and explain why insurance is vital to a small business.
Topics we’ll cover:
- Insurance requirements for professional licensing, unemployment, and worker’s compensation
- Insurance required to protect lenders and investors
- Other types of insurance to lessen risks of disaster, liability, loss of income, injuries, and death
- The importance of insurance for your business
- Differences in insurance policies for various types of facilities and locations
- Comparing policies, agents, and providers
- What to do before you buy, while you have the policy and after the purchase